The Commission further stresses the need to strengthen law enforcement cooperation and information exchange. Improved support for investigations and prosecutions as well as victims of terrorism must be achieved. Hence, the Commission plans various measures, e.g.:
- Revision of the Prüm Decisions;
- Creation of a network of counter-terrorism financial investigators to improve cross-border financial investigations;
- Support for Member States to use battlefield information in order to identify, detect, and prosecute returning foreign terrorists fighters;
- Proposal for a mandate to negotiate a cooperation agreement between the EU and Interpol;
- Enhanced support for victims of terrorism, including through the EU Centre of Expertise for Victims of Terrorism.
More details and information to be displayed